Friday, March 4, 2011

Hot Topics in Genetics


The Task: Create an informative and engaging blog post on your assigned topic in the field of genetics



Specifics:
Your post must address/include the following:
·       A complete description of your topic with appropriate background information (note who your audience is- this needs to be thorough)
·       A brief explanation of your topic on a molecular level (how is linked to protein synthesis or the cell cycle)
·       A specific case study linked to your topic or current research/breakthroughs
·       Explanation of potential future breakthroughs in the field
·       Any ethical/moral issues related to your topic

You will be graded using the usual blog post rubric

Topics may include, but are not limited to:
Genetic cloning                
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
Stem Cell Research                                                                                          
Behavioral Genetics
Gene Therapy                                                                                                            
Personal Genome Project

Human Genome Project                                                                        
Forensics
Genetically Modified Foods/Organisms                                                      
Genetic Testing
Genetics and the Law (Some Legislative Background)                  
HIV/AIDS Research
HPV Vaccine
Influenza Vaccine
                                                                                                            







12 comments:

  1. Double dibs on genetics and the law

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call dibs on designer babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genetically Modified Foods/Organisms on dibs

    I hate how I have to log in to post a comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. dibs on HIV/AIDS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I call dibs on either genetic testing, or behavioral genetics. I might not be allowed to dib two but if someone else wants one of mine we can debate over it in class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really hate dibbs especially because now im like last and have no choices so basically, i dibbs genetic testing and behavioral genetics too, lucy. sorry. and also that weird one PGD. I need to figure out which is the coolest and make sure it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely forgot about this because I wasn't in class...if we go over this in class, I would like to auction off "genetic cloning"...Otherwise, I guess I will call dibs on behavioral genetics (and only this one because i truly want ONLY this one...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to make sure no one changes or anything. I've already done like 3/4 of my blog on Influenza. I know no one dibs it. Just want to make sure no one switches or anything.

    ReplyDelete